The INOVA® Switchable Glass, also called opacifying glass, is an EVA laminated glass manufactured by an assembling process that encapsulates a liquid crystal polyester film between 2 glass sheets.
The electric current makes the active controlled-occultation glass change from a transparent (ON) to opaque (OFF). When the power is turned off, it gets its opaque appearance for more privacy.
A simple switch or a remote control is enough to activate its change of state. The operation is reversible and can be repeated indefinitely.
This innovative glass is therefore ideal for managing spaces, whether in private or public areas.
It owns multiple advantages :
- Almost instantaneous reversibility
- Silent and unlimited change of state
- Low power consumption
- Protection against UV rays
- Avoids installation of conventional occultation system
With Righetti and its Inova® Switchable Laminated Glass range, you can see things big thanks to the XXL version: the maximum size of this glass is 1800 mm x 3500 mm.
There are the largest dimensions of the market. Indeed, high glasses are becoming more and more popular for the construction of glass partitions.
Two additionnal colors
Discover our 2 other colors: Dark 1 and Dark 2
The glass has of a white wire and a 2-metre black wire connected to a 60 V power transformer (l x H x D = 164 mm x 65 mm x 78 mm), which can supply up to 5m² of glazing.
- The glass is white when it’s turned off and it is transparent in ON mode
- A maximum surface of 5m² per transformation
- Light transmission: 75% ON and 55% OFF
- Power consumption: 5 ,Watts/m²
- Thickness: 13 mm standard (other thicknesses on request)
- Can be mounted in insulating glass
- Supplied with transformer
- Optional remote control
According to the IQNET, an AFNOR’s partner, our supplier of liquid crystal films complies with the 9001:2008 and the 14001:2004 standards.
- Interior partitions
- Swing or sliding door
- Glass floor
- Windows or glass facades in double or triple glazing
- Stores’ shop windows
- Overhead projection screen, media support